Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Looking Back One Year AgoToday

I was looking at some of Jason's pictures and where he spent July 4th last year - Lake Travis - with all his friends on a boat. They were all having such a great time. It is hard for me to imagine he is spending this July 4 in a war zone fighting every day for our freedoms. I know he would prefer to be here with family & friends (even though they have closed Lake Travis) but I'm so very proud of him and all the other men and women that are over there.











We all take everything so for granted but after I talk to Jason, either by phone or internet, I count my blessings. When I saw Jas on the webcam he looked wonderful to me, extremely tired, but I saw that great smile I absolutely love. However, I have to admit, it was when he saw Dupont. He loves that dog. He was in combat gear and it brought the reality of what they all are facing each & every day right up in my face. They were in blackout mode and he was waiting for the order to go out again. I sometimes feel very ashamed it took me having a loved one facing what he does on a daily basis to make me realize what each and everyone of them are sacrificing for us. None of them had to, they all volunteered for this. We need to pray for all of them every day and hold on to them in our hearts. I love you so much, Jas, and I'm so proud of you.

1 comment:

Joni Gandy said...

Jason you are always on our minds and in our prayers. We love you and are very proud of you. Thank you. Joni, Michelle, Barbara and Robert

The Weekend Before Deployment - May 5-6, 2007

The Weekend Before Deployment - May 5-6, 2007
Jason, Murphy, Gramelspacher, and French

Smiles Dueling Piano Bar

I had the pleasure of meeting the guys Jason is spending the next 15 months with when I went to pick up his truck one week before he deployed. I met each of these guys parents that night as well. Their parents should be very proud of their sons. They are all highly skilled and brave young soldiers. Please keep these brave men in your prayers.

Jason and Doc at 12:18 a.m.)

Tara and Jared - Jason Loves you two

Jason and French at 1:56 a.m.

Your Mama Loves You and You Know It...

Jason and Jared having a great time

Jason and Tara - He used to be her "live" doll...Take a look at him now!

We also spent a short time on the beach at Tybee Island, GA