Friday, July 27, 2007

July 2007 - It works! - My first real post

I DID IT!! You should know that it's around 1:00 in the morning, and I'm upstairs in the computer room (otherwise known as "the scary room" since it's so messy - Jason - think Drew's bedroom and you'll know how messy it is). Anyway, I'm up here dancing and singing "I am woman, hear me roar." Good thing you all missed it.

O.K. - I lied - pictures will have to come later - when I've figured out how to upload them here. But just to catch you up on things here Jason:
Josh just started a new job at Omni Bank - I'm not exactly sure what he does yet, (something with financing) but he is really loving the "banker's hours." We babysit his "baby" Maddy. She's a miniature fox terrier and precious.
Shane is still in Berlin. His final performance of "Beauty and the Beast" (except it's title is really in German and I can't spell it) will be in September. Then he will move to Hamburg. He has been cast in a new musical called "I've never been to New York"(except it's in German, too). It's World Premier will be in January (I think?) He'll be in that until 2009 (I think) so he'll get his lifetime Visa which he is very excited about. He'll also be in the original cast recording so he'll receive royalties for singing.
Drew is working for Gray Wolf Drilling as a roughneck. He is working 7 on and 7 off. He says the work is hard, but the money is good. The company has a deal with A&M that would allow him to work his 7, and go to school the other 7. He said he may consider that after he's been working for around a year. He and Kelsey are back together. She's the one that he's dated on and off again since high school and the one who came with him to Aunt Sandra's.
Brett, Marnee, and Bri are fine. Brett is still rockin' and rollin' with Rat Ranch - in fact, he's in Austin this weekend. Hopefully, you can go see him when you get home. Marnee is considering working independently as a physical therapist, and Brianne starts 5th grade next year.
Mom and Dad are doing good. Dad is gaining strength a little at a time. He has an appointment in August and if he's strong enough, they'll schedule what we hope will be his final surgery. His prostate cancer is gone.
I've taken this year (and maybe longer) off from school and will be consulting full time. I'll have to be gone when I travel, but when I'm here (which is quite a bit) I'll be able to pitch in and help. I won't tell you about all the boring, small town jobs that I'll have - I'll just mention the cooler ones --like Las Vegas, Napa Valley, and Hawaii!!! I've got lots of handouts and Powerpoints to prepare for this job - in fact, I've got two that I've got to finish tonight (oops, this morning), so I'm signing off.

We all love you and miss you. We are so proud of you and are anxious to have you home. I pray for you and your buddies every single day. I'll write more (and add pictures) when I can. Love You!

No comments:

The Weekend Before Deployment - May 5-6, 2007

The Weekend Before Deployment - May 5-6, 2007
Jason, Murphy, Gramelspacher, and French

Smiles Dueling Piano Bar

I had the pleasure of meeting the guys Jason is spending the next 15 months with when I went to pick up his truck one week before he deployed. I met each of these guys parents that night as well. Their parents should be very proud of their sons. They are all highly skilled and brave young soldiers. Please keep these brave men in your prayers.

Jason and Doc at 12:18 a.m.)

Tara and Jared - Jason Loves you two

Jason and French at 1:56 a.m.

Your Mama Loves You and You Know It...

Jason and Jared having a great time

Jason and Tara - He used to be her "live" doll...Take a look at him now!

We also spent a short time on the beach at Tybee Island, GA